Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Settling in...

we're trying anyway.

We've been here in Portsmouth for a week now and so far so good. We've got ALMOST everything unpacked. I just finished the kids room today. WOW they have alot of shoes. HAHA. If I had 1/2 as many, I'd be doing great!! (I think that Jeremy's grateful that I'm not a shoe person!) The only room left unfinished is our room - isn't it typical that Mom and Dad's room is last (and usually never finished?).

We've managed to meet some kids and a couple of moms. At the playground yesterday I chatted with a mom that's probably around my age. They are a Navy family and have 1 child. He's 3.5 (I think) - so a good age between Tanner and Lizzie. She and I talked for quite a while - it was nice conversing with an adult! Lizzie made friends with a little girl that shares her name! She's 5 and as a little brother. It was nice fo them to have kids to play with. There are usually older boys on the playground...so this was a nice change.

I'm hoping to get some pictures in the next couple of days and will post them here.
We miss all our Owosso friends!!! Love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too Amy!!!!! I'll try e-mailing you today since calling just isn't happening.
Love,
Liz