Thursday, August 12, 2010

School Starts Monday!

Yes, I do still exist. Yes, I still have 3 great kids and Yes, we are still homeschooling.

Well, it's time for another year of school!! I'm excited to get started! I think that this year will be quite a bit different from last year. We're going in a whole different direction - and I'm hoping that it will be more fun for the kids.

To start the year, we'll be studying the following:

Math - we'll be using MathUSee this year. I'm really excited to get started on this curriculum. I'm sure some of you remember the issues we had last year in math. Poor Hunter and Abeka math just did not get along. I've hears SUCH good things about MUS, I'm excited to get started! (guess that means I need to look at those DVDs and learn it myself now!! nothing like procrastination)

Language/Reading - we're using www.lessonpathways.com

Science - we're starting out with The Human Body, with books purchased from Mardel and various online resources (lessonpathways). We'll also study Weather, Electricity, Magnetism and other subjects, tbd at a later date.

History - A Child's Story of America, Native Americans (using online and library resources), Missouri History, US States/Capitals (books, games and flashcards from Mardel). We'll also be looking into Medieval times due to special request from Hunter!

Handwriting - A Reason for Handwriting

We'll also be doing lots of arts and crafts - and learning some sign language.


I'm looking forward to getting our year started. Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have a great year planned. We're so glad you've found LessonPathways.com for your homeschool.

Feel free to join us on our blog and Facebook page for even more education inspiration!

If you have any questions about using LessonPathways, I'm happy to help. Just drop me a line at ContactUs at LessonPathways.com

-Christina S.
LessonPathways.com Team Member

LilRedJo said...

Hope you have a smooth start!