Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm so fickle...

Poor blog!  I often leave it for greener pastures (Facebook), but when I need a break from FB, I always come crawling back!  One day, it's totally going to disown me!

So, Facebook is on hiatus...or, wait, maybe I'm on hiatus....anyway, we're "on a break".  And I think that life will go on perfectly, but I find myself needing to share....about the day, about the kids latest antics, about the color of the grass. I just need to share!

However, this week - there's not a whole stinkin' lot to share.  Last week was much more exciting - and I'll get some pictures up soon.  But this week.  I've done a lot of cleaning, laundry, refereeing, cleaning, laundry, refereeing...sigh.  I've also done a lot of research on homeschool curriculum.  What's that?  A shocker, right?  Amy?, researching curriculum?  I learned a new term today - "curriculum hopping".  Yep, that's what I do.  I've just never found THAT program that is perfect for me.  Oh but, it's not about "me"?,... so why do I keep looking?  I don't know.  I'm weird.

We are changing things up yet again.  Lizzie and Tanner will be returning to the local elementary school.  Lizzie has been begging to since we pulled her out last year...and well, Tanner is indifferent.  He also has NO, ZIP, NONE, ZERO friends his age (that aren't an hour or more away) - and while I don't think that bothers him all that much.  It's a slight concern for me - and a larger concern for J.  So - we are finishing out elementary school.

Hunter, on the other hand, will stay home.  Not putting him in Jr. High.  NO thanks.  So, I am looking at programs for him.  CLE worked pretty well, but it's a bit dry.  And he didn't really enjoy the math approach.  The spiral style doesn't work well with him.  So much review, so many problems - he just gets overwhelmed and shuts down!  This year, for Math, I think I've decided on Teaching Textbooks, a computer based program.  I am thinking he will really enjoy it!  Looking at BJU for Language and Science and doing our own thing for Social Studies/History.  I am also planning to enroll him in a Homeschool Enrichment program at a local church.  Twice a week/3 hours.

Anyway - so, got my "need to share" taken care of!  Will be back to post pics of our San Francisco trip!







No comments: