Monday, March 17, 2008

What's My News??

Because I know you are all on pins and needles trying figure out what our new is - I'm posting to put you out of your misery....in a minute...

Are we buying a house??? Are you kidding? LOL - NO. (Houses up here are outrageously expensive - we may rent forever).

Hmmm...are we going on a great vacation? Well - we do get to get away in June - Jeremy's parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! Congrats Mom and Dad!! We're really looking forward to celebrating with them and seeing family. But that's not our news.

And we didn't win the lottery.

Ok - here ya go:
We've decided to homeschool the kids. Yep - thats all there is to it. No big deal to most, but I am super excited about it. We chose to hs for a few reasons. I had never wanted my kids in a public school by the time they were in middle school/jr. high. It had always been the plan to put them through elementary and them take them out after 5th grade. However, the more we thought about it - it just made sense to take them out now. I didn't want them developing close friendships and then us ripping them away from their friends. Also - with Jeremy's travels, this will make it much easier to join him when the opportunities arise to do so. Hunter's issues with the *bully* probably did push me to choose hs'ing now, because unfortunately, it just gets harder, not easier. Kids get more mean (not all kids, of course). So - we're taking the plunge and giving it our best shot. We'll start next school year. Please keep us in your prayers, we'll definitely need them!

Thanks for sharing in my news!

No comments: