Sunday, June 28, 2009

information overload

When we first decided to home school this fall, my thoughts were just..."yeah, ok, we'll give it a shot and see how it goes". I was not regretting the decision, but I was more just "ok" with it. After doing some research and discovering what seems like EVERYTHING there is to discover (and knowing I've only scratched the surface), I'm so excited about this new adventure that I'm ready to start YESTERDAY!

But it is major information overload!! There is so much available that it's hard to even know where to begin. Thankfully, I have chosen a curriculum - if I was waffling on that, I'd be in major trouble!! And I've chosen to use the workbox system - which is a HUGE reason why I'm so excited and ready to get started! But there's so many other things to do out there! Learning games, supplies, etc. One of my fears is doing too much. I don't want to burn out...me or the kids. So, I'm trying to rein it in....

Anyway - this is where I'm at these days...lots of reading, lots of "bookmarking favorites", lots of seaching...but I'm loving it. Let's hope I'm still loving it in January!!

No comments: