Sunday, October 23, 2005

An unwanted assignment

If at all possible, I always try to do what is asked of me. Why not?? Isn't that what we're called to do? This usually isn't hard for me. I admit, sometimes with children it's a little tougher thus the "if at all possible" disclaimer.

This is one of the few times that I really don't want to do something - and at the same time, know I must.

How do you tell a young mother that she must gain control of her anger? How do you do this and not make matters worse (for her family)? This, unfortunately, is what I must do. Why do I get to do this? I'm the one that's seen it. I'm the one that witnessed two incidents that disturb me - greatly. I hate that it had to be me that saw them, yet I'm so glad that I did.

"G" is a young mother of two. No. 1 was completely unplanned and was probably unwanted. Also the child has numerous health issues and has recently been unofficially diagnosed with yet something else. G is struggling. Her frustration level is as high as it goes and she is unequipped to handle it. To be honest, she needs general parenting classes. But she also needs help much more focused than that.

Please pray for me that God gives me the right words with the right spirit so that she'll be receptive to what I have to say and open to the help that I want to help her find. I have a gut feeling that it won't go well, but I won't hesitate to sacrifice our friendship for the safety of her children. Pray for G.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I would hate to be in a position like that, and was in a similar one like that with my former sister in law and her son.

It is never easy to do what we feel we must do, so you have my fullest support.