Thursday, November 13, 2008

TWO!!!!

posts in one day? What's this world coming to?

Shins....yes, thats the subject of this post. I really don't care for my shins! LOL

We joined the Y a while back and I've been enjoying taking some aerobics classe and such - but apparently, I've done too much too soon! First we thought it was my shoes - well, we know that part of it was my shoes, but $80 later, I'm still having trouble. The class I take is pretty high impact. Lots of jumping and bouncing. Add that to being fairly new to the excercise scene after a year or so of NOTHING and to the fact that I'm dealing with more weight than ever before - my shins are taking a beating! So - hopefully with a little switch up, we can get to healing.

I think I'm going to back off on my class - Mondays and every other Friday - and the other times, I'll just be on the treadmill working at losing my weight and strengthening my legs.

I really do love that class tho'. Learning about lots of new music artists - this christian music-only girl is enjoying Avril, Christina and Rihanna! Seriously. What IS this world coming to?

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

I've battled with shin splints too. I bought the best shoes at a running store...then bought inserts to (what else) go inside. THEN you have to be sure and tighten your laces well enough to keep your feet from bouncing...or else, shin splints! :) Wearing proper shoes, the inserts, and tighter laces has REALLY helped a bunch.. just fyi.:)