Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Possibilities are ENDLESS!

I've pretty much got the olders schooling stuff figured out - we'll be using Abeka for most of the curriculum - throwing in Handwriting Without Tears for Lizzie's printing -and probably Hunter's cursive (not totally sure about the cursive, yet - may just stick with Abeka??)

We'll be tackling Science and History as a group. I'll have to adapt for Lizzie (we'll use 3rd grade stuff), but really can't do that until we actually have the curriculum in hand, so we'll get to that.

Tanner will be the interesting one - I'm hoping he just sponges off of them on a lot of this stuff, but of course, there are the basics we need to be sure to get covered. And there are SO MANY ways to do it - deciding HOW is what's holding me up!

I'm leaning heavily toward Letter Of The Week -for the alphabet anyway. I believe there's some math thrown in there as well. This program looks fairly simple and like a lot of fun! I think he will enjoy it!

I'm curious to see how it will be schooling them all in the same room - Tanner's will be a lot more hands on - chatting and such..we may have to make a little spot elsewhere or him and me!

When I was looking into this last year, I had barely scratched the surface of information...well, I've scratched it now, but I've barely removed the first layer...there is SO much out there!!

Ok, done with my rambling for tonight.

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

Don't worry. You have plenty of time to figure hs out! :) If you start one thing, and find out you don't like it, or it doesn't work. You switch. You'll find what works for one child, won't work for another. They are wired differently. We are not clones, right? ;)
You will be fine. I remember being SUPER nervous to 'pick the right stuff.' I didn't want to mess my children up FOREVER. I learned that that is part of being a hs, you learn to adapt/change/roll with the punches.

All and all, I'm saying you will do wonderful, and you will raise happy, healthy, well-educated children....even if it's a rough start:)