Thursday, July 09, 2009

Really?? Am I expecting too much?

OK - so today I volunteered at Hunter's Cub Scout Day Camp. I wasn't with Hunter's group, but he was fine with that, so I was fine with it. When I was told that I was going to be with the Webelos...I was cool with that. I mean, these are the oldest cub scouts - so this should be a fun day. These boys are going into the 4th/5th grades - and most have been scouts since the 1st grade. This should be a piece of cake.

Um...no. This group of boys was the most disrespectful I've ever come across. Now, they weren't fighting or using horrible language (tho', there were a couple of times). They just flat out didn't listen. They spoke over the leader, they completely ignored instruction and they just flat out didn't give a flip what anyone in authority said. Now, I would expect two or three boys in a group to be this way. But this was EVERY.SINGLE.BOY in our group. There were 12.

How does this happen? Why are kids being raised to not give a rip about respect?

So frustrated...and sad...and DETERMINED to raise my kids to be respectful!

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

i 2nd that!!