Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Banner Toe

This is one of our many nicknames for Tanner. Let's see, we've got Tanner Banner. Tan Tan the Man Man (this is an old one!), a simpler Tan Tan (we still use this one alot!), Tanner Bananner (does bananna have two n's? wow that's so sad that I have to ask that!), I'm sure there's more, but we'll leave it at that for now.

I've decided to give you Tanner's update, as things are developing on the Lizzie front. We've got some school issues to work out and then I'll be able to give a better synopsis of her life! Most importantly: she's healthy and (when she's home) happy. We leave the rest for another day.

Tanner is by far our goofiest kid. We are always in stitches when he get going - and the best part, he doesn't even realize it! He's not even trying!

Tanner stays home with me everyday. Lots of kids his age are in pre-school, but I'm not sure why! He's only 3 - one more year with Mama is a good thing! He'll hit the pre-school life when he's 4! We do still attend the playgroup that he went to last school year. We don't hit it every Friday, but we try to make it at least twice per month. He also gets alot of social time in the gym child care room. He loves it there - and he's there at least twice a week; most often 4 times per week. We are also joining a co-op starting in January (it's a homeschool co-op, but we're making it work for us!). A friend that I met online in a homeschool group has been heading this co-op for a few months now and it's finally going to work out that we can join in! It will be 2 Tuesdays a month with another Tuesday for a playgroup - or outing. He'll get to participate in 2 classes, have story time and a snack. I'll have to commit to teaching a class as part of the deal. Other than class supplies and snacks for when it's my turn, there will be no cost, so this is definitely a bonus!

Because he's at home with me all the time, the poor kid gets dragged around with me on all the errands. He's been quite the trooper about it and we get them done pretty quickly. His favorite "errand" is when I have to go to the chiropractor and he gets to talk the doctor's ear off. Seriously - he talks the ENTIRE time. And my chiropractor is WONDERFUL with my kids. Just smiles, listens and asks all the right questions!

Quick fun fact: Tanner can wink - and he can do both eyes! Just like me. I love that we share this. Doesn't seem like a big deal - but the other two munchkins haven't figured out how to wink one eye, let alone two. And Jeremy can't do both! And no, I don't mean he "blinks" both eyes, I mean he can wink both eyes, one at a time. We all are in awe and he's like, yeah, so - what's the big deal? LOL

Tanner loves to sing us songs. Original songs. He makes them up on the spot. They don't always make sense, but he's singing his heart out just the same. We've decided that he's going to be out song-writer. With Hunter as the singer and Lizzie on an instrument, we've got ourselves a little band!

Bedtimes - we have a little ritual with Lizzie that I'll go into on her post - and Tanner has his own little thing he does as well. It's not just a bedtime thing either. He likes to "snuzzle"...this is where we rub our faces together....this is his favorite thing - even more than hugs and kisses! Of course, if Jeremy hasn't shaved, it's not necessarily a good thing! It's so sweet.

OK - well, if I think of more about our littlest monster, I'll edit and include it! For now - this is our Tanner update.

No comments: