Thursday, December 11, 2008

The meeting

did not go as I had hoped....but I think that I had hoped too high.

I don't feel like anything was accomplished at the meeting. The counselors were very understanding and sympathetic. They knew exactly what I was talking about concerning the teacher and even agreed with me. However, the best way to handle it certainly isn't black and white. I guess I was **unrealistically** hoping for a quick - "we'll put her in a new class" and all our problems will be over. I knew better than that, but I was hoping for it! LOL

There are so many "fine lines" in this situation.
- we could make things worse by changing classes and taking her away from the friends that she's bonded with
- we could be teaching her that if something is hard, we'll take care of it for her (not as concerned about this b/c she's 5 - but it is a slight concern) - we don't want her to think that just because she doesn't like her teacher she gets a new one.

I still do not know what to do.

So our next step is to meet with the teacher...I'm hoping for at least definitive direction before break (which is in a week and a half).

Keep praying please.

No comments: