Monday, January 18, 2010

Workboxes...

Well - we're still using workboxes and I love the concept, but I'm really not using them to their full potential. Not sure I want to have 12 boxes for each kid, but I think we could add a couple and benefit from it! We currently use 5-6 every day - and only for our core curriculum! I find that I'm not organized enough to pull off much more...but I want to try!!

So - here's to a week of organizing, researching, etc. Hopefully I'll be all set to add some boxes in next Monday - Jan. 25.

UNTIL THEN - this week, in addition to our usual school work, we're still working on our 5 senses lapbook (will finish that up tomorrow). I found a great site that has some MLK stuff on it I think the kids will enjoy. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do a lapbook for MLK or not. We'll also be continuing our US States memorization. We're learning this song The kids seem to be enjoying it!

We're also schooling this week sans Daddy. He's been in MI since last Wednesday and won't return until Friday. So far, so ok. He was working from office for 3 and 1/2 weeks, so we're having to adjust to his travels all over again! Ready for this traveling to be over, but it will be a while. Would appreciate your prayers for contentment and thankfulness.

Happy Monday!!!

No comments: