Friday, August 19, 2005

My 100 Things...

Adding my list of 100 things about me. These were so hard to come up with, but after I finally posted them to my group, I kept thinking of more I could have added!


I was born Amy Elizabeth
I was born in Claremore, OK
I lived in Conroe, TX until I was 8.
Then I lived in Claremore, OK until I was 19.
I married when I was 19.
I lived in KS for 5 years
I’ve lived in MI for 3.5 years.
I was married in 1996.
I looked like a little Indian baby when I was born – very black hair, very dark skinned.
I am very fair skinned and STILL **naturally** blonde!
I was home-schooled for three years.
When I went into public school (6th grade), I didn’t know my times tables.
I sang in my school talent show – and won.
I stunk at basketball.
I played clarinet in band until 9th grade.
I was a “goody two shoes” in jr. high and high school.
I’m still a “goody two shoes”.
Therefore, I’m a pretty boring person! J
I sang at my high school graduation
I studied sign language for 7 years.
I’ve forgotten a lot of it! L
I was the president of my church youth group for several years.
I won most spirited camper at youth camp.
I was asked to sign in front of the mayor of Claremore.
I met my husband at church conference.
After initial attraction, I couldn’t stand my (now) husband for two years.
After meeting again (those two years later), we were inseparable.
We got engaged 4 months after we started dating.
I almost hyperventilated on my wedding day.
My first real date was with my husband.
We didn’t consummate our marriage on our wedding night.
I’ve worked in a day care.
I’ve worked as a receptionist.
I’ve worked as a marketing assistant.
I only went to one year of college.
I am a SAHM.
I have three children.
My husband is my best friend.
I’m totally in love with my children.
I praise my kids all the time.
I believe in spanking.
I’ve learned that my kids aren’t going to be perfect like I planned!
I’ve also learned that that is OK!
Other than having my children, I’ve never been in the hospital.
I wear glasses.
I can’t see a darn thing without my glasses.
I have terrible teeth.
I drive a minivan
I have a bad back
I have TMJ. (jaw problems)
I didn’t have even a taste of alcohol until after I was married.
I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was 21.
I still very rarely wear earrings.
I love Mexican food.
I hate meringue.
I’m not a good housekeeper (just ask my husband!)
I don’t enjoy cooking.
I’m not a pet person.
I have bottle-fed calves.
I hate needles and am 7 years overdue for a tetanus booster.
I love action flicks.
I LOVED chick flicks until I got married. Now, they’re just ok.
I’m a good listener.
I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera (production and recent movie).
I think I could act a little if ever given the opportunity.
The car I learned to drive was a Ford LTD – big yellow boat.
Was an accessory to a forest fire when I was around 7.
I watch soaps.
I can swim, only to save my life…I’m no fish!
I’m living proof that *nearly A*’s can sag. LOL
I’m my daughter’s favorite “daddy”.
I love to read.
I love to buy books off Ebay.
I love pecan pie.
I am starting to look just like my mother.
I never knew my paternal grandfather.
I shared a room with my three brothers for most of my childhood.
Except for one time when I was about 4-5 and until I married, I always lived in trailer homes.
After almost 9 years of marriage, I still don’t own my own home.
After almost 9 years of marriage, I’ve NEVER ONCE been mad enough at my husband to even consider leaving him.
Divorce will NEVER be an option for me.
I refuse to let my kids CIO (cry it out).
I always rock my babies to sleep.
I believe in co-sleeping and would love to just have a family bed. (I’d def. get more sleep that way!)
My favorite TV show is Law & Order SVU
Never had a speeding ticket.
My dream family vacation would a Disney cruise.
I used to want to be Laura Ingalls Wilder.
I love clouds.
I would love to learn to line dance. (shh)
I love anything to do with lighthouses.
I have tons of Inspirational Romance books.
I knocked my toe nail off while riding a bike when I was 7.
I can’t smell – unless very very strong odor – and then can’t tell if it’s a good or bad smell.
I hate for my toes to be pulled.
I crack my knuckles all the time.
I hate spending money.
I want to lose weight, but am totally unmotivated.
I just want my kids to be happy.
When my kids are sick, I give them anything they want.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That is by far the sweetest thing I have ever read. What an awesome husband you have. What an awesome relationship you have. And what an awesome couple you are. :)