Tuesday, August 23, 2005

They've got me....and they know it!

Ya know, I was always going to be one of those moms that had it all together. Perfect house, perfectly behaved kids....you know...the ideal life. Then I got married and realized that life CAN be ideal, as soon as you realize that "ideal" doesn't mean "perfect". It's ideal for me b/c I love my husband and kids and they are all I need. OK, sidetracking over...see what's happened to me??? LOL

Anyway - back to having perfectly behaved kids...whatever. Don't get me wrong, my kids are wonderful. Knowing many "high maintenance" children and watching the nanny shows with the out-of-control...parents...er kids...(no, parents works there too), I know that I've really got good kids. They listen, relatively well. They are very polite and respectful. But why is it "Mom" that they test???

They've figured out that I will give in if they just keep going. Absolutely MY FAULT! WHY do I do this?? Usually b/c it's easier, or I'm busy with T, or....there's a multitude of excuses that I've tried to use to justify it to myself. AGH!!! I know that I'm doing them a disservice, I sometimes am just too tired or ??? to stop.

I've tried to do better with H's tantrums - and, in fact, they are getting fewer - and less...what's the word...aggressive (maybe). L is learning from him to just keep pushing Mom and see what happens (she knows that its usually nothing).

Well, I'm gonna put extra effort into being consistent. My kids need this. I want them to learn the easy way - not the hard way (like I apparently am :) ).

So, since I'm really working hard on this now, T will be an angel, right. ROFLMBO...I can dream!

Notice that I LOVE "....." - great way to 'run-on' a sentence!!!

Done rambling....only 11 more days until J gets an earful of this stuff! LOL

No comments: