Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Obsession Continues


So - I had to try something new! Here's my very first stocking cap attempt. As a stocking cap, I FAILED! I was using a pattern for a baby and revising it to make it big enough for Lizzie. Well, as a stocking cap, it was not big enough. It ended up being just a cute "fashion piece" for her.


As a fashion piece, it was actually too big. So, I cinched it in the back and put the little flowers to camouflage where I tied it!

This flower actually didn't come from the pattern. I was having trouble figuring it out, so I found this pattern on a blog somewhere.


4 comments:

Ms. Jess said...

Cute! I want to learn to crochet or knit eventually. It might have to be when I'm done with school. And raising kids. And working. And life, basically. Ha ha ha!

H, L and T's Grandma said...

VERY Cute!!! Amy, you are so creative...and I'm sure Lizzie will enjoy getting to try out your creations. Making something work, even if it's not what it started out to be, definitely takes talent...and obviously you possess that talent! I'm glad you found something you enjoy doing....creating something with "your own two hands" is very rewarding! I wish I had at least one of the baby blankets I knitted back in the 80's. I remember part of the pattern, but don't have it exactly right... I'd really like to make another one just to keep....as if I'd ever find the time! Happy crocheting!

LilRedJo said...

LOVE it! I would wear that one myself!

Amy said...

Thanks GIRLS!!! I had fun with this - and even started another to see if I could actually succeed at the stocking cap...gotta wait until Lizzie gets home from school to check the size and then finish it up!