Friday, March 23, 2007

Things that make you go hmmm....

How old is this phrase?? LOL

Got a call from an eye doctor today saying that my insurance company is asking for their $$ back on my appointment from November. They said I'm still covered by **Fred Smith** (name changed to protect whoever that person really is!). HUH? Who's Fred Smith? Apparently, I'm on his insurance, so I can't be covered on J's. What? So I call the number that they've been calling and dealing with. LOL It's not even MY insurance company!! I called my insurance company and they've never received a claim for that date from that eye doctor. So - b/c the P.O. Box # is only different by 1 number for both insurance's claim's depts., somehow my claim got sent to KP...and they paid it!! Do they even pay attention to what they're doing? LOL So - of course, now seeing the error of their ways (or according to them, my ways), they want their money back.

It's all straightened out now - and even works out for the better for us - b/c they wanted $20 more dollars from ME. Now it will go to the correct insurance company - and I am paid up!

Goofy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Amy,
It is amazing what insurance companies (and other businesses, too ) can do to mess up our lives and then act like it is our fault!!?! That makes you wonder just who those people are who work these jobs and how much they are getting paid?!?!
By the way, you will have to tell me how to use this thing so I won't always have to sign in as anonymous. Sorry it's taken me some time to get back to reading these, but with the kids on Spring Break this week it has been rather hectic!! I'm sure you know who I am now!