Monday, December 13, 2010

Box Tops, anyone?

Whew....my thumb and index finger on my right hand are still numb and tingly.

Last Friday was my first day of volunteering in the library at the kids school. My last project that day was to count box tops. Some fabulous mom had the idea to turn the box top collection into a contest between classes...indicating that she would "be in charge". Well, she has apparently bailed. So - last Friday I started counting two months worth of box tops. I got about 1/2 the collection counted. I told Mrs. P. that I would come back this morning (Monday) and get it all finished. It's not a hard job, just very tedious and time-consuming.

So, this morning, I walked the kids to their classes and hit the library! THREE hours later, I came home. I finished counting, then had to sort into baggies of 50. There was also lots of CUTTING. You see, not everyone that sends box tops in knows how to "cut" them out, apparently! LOL Some were just torn off the box....ok, about 1/2 were torn off, so I did LOTS of trimming!

Glad that's over!! I don't want to see another box top any time soon!...or at least a month or so, as I heard myself tell Mrs. P. to let me know when they had next months' ready to sort. ;)

BRIGHT SPOT: I got to see Tanner at lunch...he's such a cutie. He even gave me a kiss goodbye - right there in the lunchroom, in front of his friends...wonder how long that will last. Hunter was in the library and I barely got a wave! :( LOL

And now, I'm off to do laundry...what an exciting life I lead!

3 comments:

LilRedJo said...

I am one of the aforementioned boxtop 'tear-ers' sorry;) At least they didn't go in the trash, right? That's what I kept telling myself.
Glad your volunteering is going so well.

Amy said...

LOL!!! Hey - it gave me something to do!! Plus, it proved that I am a bit OCD - something I've been wondering about for a while now...each cut had.to.be just perfect!

Thumb is *ALMOST* back to normal, just a teeny tingle.

:)

Ms. Jess said...

Hey! I cut out our Box Tops and I did that one day at Jennifer's when I opened a box of something. She said, "Oh, I just always rip them off and figure it doesn't matter." I'll tell her it does matter. Ha ha ha!