Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies...Cookies...and more Cookies

So...found something to do (I decided that the laundry and I just couldn't be friends...something about that is just WRONG).

We will be going to the Brother IL's tomorrow for a family dinner. We were told that they had everything covered as far as food. BUT - we decided to bring COOKIES!

So - for the past 2 hours, I have been working on making three different kinds of cookie dough...and am currently almost finished baking ONE kind.

We're making:

Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies - thanks to my friend, Kim, for the recipe!!!!! These are really pretty simple to make and taste like Thin Mints! YUMMO!

Snickerdoodles - this is an OLD recipe that I got from my mom. In my cookbook, a recipe is MANGLED with amounts crossed out and new things added - and re-labled: Sister Holt's Snickerdoodles. Sister Holt was my good friend - Janine's - grandmother. These cookies are delish! The trick with these is to NOT over-bake. One minute too long - and they may still be GOOD, but you lose the SOFTNESS of the cookie!

Nestle Chocolate Chip cookies w/ peanut butter chips - Now, this is the Nestle recipe, made with generic everything, except the peanut butter chips (as I can only find Reese's brand!) We just came up with this as a family once. We love chocolate chip cookies and one day just added the pb chips on a whim....we love them so much that we ALWAYS add the pb chips now! (well, I make 4 for Tanner w/o because he's odd - LOL). These are SO AWESOME. The pb chips help the cookies from being too sweet. Mmm.... And the trick with these - the size. You can't make these small. I use a Pampered Chef muffin scoop for these cookies!

Anyway - my last pan of Andes cookies are baking, then its on to bake the Snickerdoodles!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

LilRedJo said...

Mmmmmmm, coooooooookies....