Monday, December 13, 2010

JUSTIN BIEBER

...has infiltrated my quiet home (ok, it was never quiet). We don't own any of his music, yet somehow I keep hearing: Please don't waste my time time time time time. I can't make up my mind mind mind mind mind....or something like that.....and if it's not that, it's Oh baby baby baby ooh....

Gah......

OK - done. I guess I need to remember when I was just older than my kids singing: You've got right stuff, baby......and Oh oh oh oh oh....oh oh oh oh...oh oh oh oh oh...the right stuff.

Seriously...

I guess the mindless babbling of that boy band and this current boy-sensation is better than the lyrics of some songs out there....

Time to pull out the Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin....which, actually, was never put up....

ok, now I'M babbling....




3 comments:

Ms. Jess said...

Oh, we're invaded here, too. The kids have used their own iTunes cards to buy all kinds of stuff, including Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. I find myself bee-bopping along in the car sometimes. :sigh:

LilRedJo said...

Haha. Bieber-fever!
I don't mind boy bands. I heard a Justin Bieber for the first time not too long ago. I felt like a pervert. *hangs head in shame* Seriously! lol I was listening to what sounded like a little boy my 13 year old's age; telling me (via song) how much he loves me, and so on.
I quickly turned it off...find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place... ;)

Amy said...

Kim -

bahahahaha!!!!!!!!




Ok, I don't mind boy bands at all...and I actually like the Jonas Brothers. I know that Just Bieber has a good voice, he did just take home a boatload of AMAs (I think?). Where I go crazy is when my kid only knows two lines of the song and sings it OVER and OVER and OVER! LOL


I guess I just prefer him to sing some Chris Tomlin, Mikeschair or The Afters....which he does often and I'm thankful for that.

But that other stuff? It's fine....IN MODERATION!

:D