Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Stye Lives....

Wow, there are some interesting home remedies out there for styes. We have been doing the warm compress (hot, wet washcloth) and at bedtime, a hot moist teabag. So far, so nothing. The sty has actually gotten a bit bigger. So, we're moving on to fresh grated potato in a thin cloth compress.

Sigh...

We'll also try the teabag again tonight.

What I'm NOT going to try is:

a gold ring - may very well work and I might try it on myself, but I really don't want to try it on Lizzie....

urine - seriously, do I need to explain why we won't be trying this? Someone on a website said that we need to realize the benefits of urine and quit calling it waste....REALLY???

cayenne extract - well, first - don't have any, but I don't think I could even try that one myself! OUCH!

cleaning it and squeezing it and cleaning it again - um, that just seems like a bad idea!

baby shampoo - I actually might have tried this, if we had any...



I'd rather just wiggle my nose and it be gone, but alas, I'm not Samantha.

We'll see if the potato works!

4 comments:

LilRedJo said...

poor lizzie. Hope the potato works. Styes are painful

Anonymous said...

A teaspoon of Boric Acid in boiling water is a home remedy that worked for me. Let it cool for a few minutes then use warm compresses with the power boric acid that dissolved in the boiling water. You can pour the solution directly into the eye using a cup.....Boric acid sounds awful but it has also been used for cases of pink eye.
Also I think I have even seen drops for styes at Walgreen?
Good luck :)
Kathy.L.T.M

Anonymous said...

That should have said *powder* And please let the water cool down to warm...:)lol

Anonymous said...

Don't squeeze! https://health.google.com/health/ref/Eyelid+bump

Hope she feels better soon.
~Venus