Friday, December 24, 2010

Cursed????...

Nah...probably not.

So, back in July I tried to bake a cake for Hunter's birthday. I very rarely wait for pre-heating, so I tossed the cake in, set the timer and went about my business (which that day was preparing for church). Time for cake to come out - the pan wasn't even hot enough for me to need a potholder. Lovely. Cake mix down the disposal - thankful Grandma had gotten cupcakes! It took me a couple of weeks to finally get a new oven (appliance guy is super nice, but SLOW! - and since we didn't have to pay for it, he wasn't really worried about customer service apparently).

Flash forward nearly 6 months later - TODAY:

Last pan of first set of cookies come out not quite done it seems...I chalked it up to super chilled cookie dough...

First pan of Snickerdoodles? I was so ready for these cookies. Well, they come out completely raw.

Element went out...

On any other day wouldn't be a big deal...but on Christmas Eve - when ALL the appliance stores are closed? And I have two different cookie doughs in my fridge chilling.

Sigh...

I think the laundry got jealous...and since she and the oven are friends...well...


5 comments:

LilRedJo said...

Sorry to hear your troubles.
Good news is that you should be able to freeze the cookie dough, and have no trouble with it.
Good luck.

Ms. Jess said...

That is too bad. But I had to laugh at your conspiracy theory between the laundry and the oven. Ha ha

H, L and T's Grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H, L and T's Grandma said...

Hi hon, Sorry about the oven problems! Hope you can still use the cookie dough by freezing it?!?!?
Well, it's Sabbath evening now and so a little late to be helpful for this dinner party, but this morning I made No Bake cookies (a batch each of chocolate and peanut butter [pb is same as choc. just no cocoa added]). We had Bill and Tricia and the kids come down for lunch and I realized I didn't have anything for dessert, so this morning I made the NoBakes.....they were a big hit!! I've found that if your microwave oven is working well, you can put your sugar(2 c.), cocoa(1/3 c.), milk(1/2 c.) and butter (1 stick cut-up) in a glass bowl and set it for 8 minutes. Add peanut butter(1/2 c.+), vanilla(1 t.) and oats(3 c.) and spoon out on buttered area....success every time!!! (until the microwave gets weak..LOL) Sorry I didn't see your post in time Friday to suggest you make those to take. Hope you've had a good day. Talk to you soon. Love ya.

H, L and T's Grandma said...

Sorry...the deleted comment was just me! I wanted to add something and I didn't realize it would still show as 'deleted'. didn't want you to think someone else was commenting and deleting.